Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

This is my second father’s day.  Last year Madison was only a few days old, and the three of us went to the local diner to get some breakfast.  It was arguably the quickest meal of my life - I felt that before we even finished ordering the food, our meals were in front of us.  We each had about half of our omelets, and then Madison started crying.  Immediately, we knew it was time to go.  I was hungry and sleep-deprived, and all I wanted was just some R&R for my day.   Little did my wife and I know what we had in store for us over the next twelve months.  It would be a few more weeks until we learned about Madison’s hearing loss, and then several more months after that day in July until we learned of the reason why.  I think about it constantly, but I now try and focus on what the future will bring. Madison will be walking soon, she loves to pull herself up and walk along the side of the couch.  Her first word is definitely “AH” for Alan, but I think her second word will be “daddy.”



This year we spent the day out on Long Island with Jennifer's family.  Madison experienced her first ride on a boat!! She was not a fan of wearing the life jacket and let us know very quickly... instead of riding out on the ocean, we rode back to the dock and had lunch on solid ground.  Guess we will have to wait until Madison is a little older until we ride the waves again.  Here are a few pictures from the day.




1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    My name is John and I have a quick question about your blog! Could you please email me?

    Thank you,

    John

    ReplyDelete