Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love, Madison

A big THANK YOU to all of my family and friends for your kind gestures as I recover from my procedure.  I was so happy to be greeted by so many people during my stay in the hospital.  I am one lucky girl to have so many wonderful people in my life!

Out of my three best friends, two came to see me shortly after my surgery.  Gloria, who many of you know is my nanny, she is also my best friend.  I was so happy to have her care for me and hold me while I was in discomfort after the procedure.


Jessica, my speech therapist at the center, is another one of my best friends.  I was about to take a snooze and in walked Jessica!  I was in so much pain so it was difficult to greet her with a smile.  I look forward to seeing her next week, as I will be ready to go back to speech therapy classes.

My bandages were removed the morning after the procedure.  I was such a good girl and didn't even fuss.






An hour later, we were discharged from the hospital.  I was finally able to go home to see my other best friend, who happens to be my dog, Alan.  He wasn't allowed to visit me at the hospital so I didn't see him until I got home.  I was so happy to pet him and he attacked me with many kisses.


Many of you ask how I am doing? I have been sleeping better each night... and I am pretty much back to my regular schedule during the day.  I have to take yucky antibiotics for the next week - but aside from that, I am just fine! I have a busy month coming up in February.  My "new ears" will be turned on Thursday, February 9th.  I am so excited and can't wait to hear my mommy and daddy's voices for the first time.  My follow up appointment with Dr. Roland is the next day - he will take a look at my incisions and make sure everything is healing properly.  So the count-down finally begins... 12 more days to go until my journey to hearing begins! Stay tuned.... 

Love, Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment